A Bit About Me

My name is Jessica Kiser and I first realized that I wanted to be an educator my senior year of high school. That year I was inspired by three of my teachers; Ms. Milam (my art teacher), Mrs. Brew (my technology teacher), and Ms. Muller (my French teacher) their compassion and drive to help us learn along with their creativity made me realize that I too wanted to help high school students to better themselves through education. Since then I have been working towards an education degree.I started my college education at Georgia State where I majored in Art Education. I transferred from there after completing my Sophomore year to the University of South Alabama where I changed my major to Secondary Education English/Language Arts. I have always loved both of these subjects and I believe that my short education in art will ultimately help me in my English classes.I believe that high school education goes beyond what students learn in the classroom. In my opinion the some of the most important lessons learned in school come from the teachers. If a teacher truly cares and wants to help their students then I feel that the students learn better and also become better people to go out into and lead the world.

Thursday, April 16, 2009

Blogs to Keep Everyone on the Same Page

To be completely honest I had never used a blog before this year. I was abruptly introduced to them this semester when it suddenly became mandatory for me to keep track of two blogs and have created a third by the end of the semester. I didn't know the first thing about them or what kinds of uses they could be put to! I must say that I was pleasantly surprised with what I found them to be useful for! I found that there are many teachers using them; not only here in the USA but in other countries as well!
I plan to employ blogs to help keep my classes on track. If a student misses a class then they can go to the blog to find what was done that day in class. Blogs can also be used for other things such as homework assignments, and peer-references. They can be used to continue the students education outside of the classroom by correlating different lessons, homework, peer-references, and professional-references with what they learned inside of it!

No comments:

Post a Comment