A Bit About Me

My name is Jessica Kiser and I first realized that I wanted to be an educator my senior year of high school. That year I was inspired by three of my teachers; Ms. Milam (my art teacher), Mrs. Brew (my technology teacher), and Ms. Muller (my French teacher) their compassion and drive to help us learn along with their creativity made me realize that I too wanted to help high school students to better themselves through education. Since then I have been working towards an education degree.I started my college education at Georgia State where I majored in Art Education. I transferred from there after completing my Sophomore year to the University of South Alabama where I changed my major to Secondary Education English/Language Arts. I have always loved both of these subjects and I believe that my short education in art will ultimately help me in my English classes.I believe that high school education goes beyond what students learn in the classroom. In my opinion the some of the most important lessons learned in school come from the teachers. If a teacher truly cares and wants to help their students then I feel that the students learn better and also become better people to go out into and lead the world.

Thursday, April 16, 2009

Google Earth

Google Earth is one of the best gadgets that Google has made! I love to play on this gadget. You can view anywhere in the world with this gadget and you can even view the stars! All that is needed to get this gadget is a download to your computer and you are ready to go! You can look up anywhere from your home to the farthest reaches of whatever country holds your interest.
I would use this tool to show students the relation of the places that they are reading about. It is easier to understand places if you know where they are. In literature it is often hard to visualize a foreign place and its surroundings in a story when you have no idea where it is or what it looks like. I plan to use Google Earth to show students the places that they read about. I would show them where they are in relation to themselves and the world along with the surrounding areas. I believe that this will help my students to see the places and understand the stories that they read better!

No comments:

Post a Comment